Having used paper-based administration for over 34 years, we have recently opted to digitise our system. Cloete's Sand & Stone wanted an improved system that provided us with real-time reports, easy access to historic information, as well as improved delivery processes, including live reporting from our drivers when delivering and also when loading at the quarry.
Drivers will also no longer deliver on dockets, they will have the customer sign a tablet.
Benefits of the Paperless System include:
- No manual administrative errors - the driver cannot swap dockets and deliver to the wrong site or on the wrong customer information.
- The signed tablet will send the Proof of Delivery that very day, via email to the email on our system.
- No loss of docket or loss of signed P.O.D
- If a customer is not on site but gave permission for the delivery to take place, we can send the GPS coordinates of where exactly the load was delivered.
- Speed up office production to ensure Cloete's Sand & Stone have no delays with service delivery, invoicing etc.
Using the digitised system, there will be an overall improvement of all operational efficiencies based on the fact that the data will be captured at the source. There is also no need for delivery packs to be created and no documents will need to be scanned into the back-office system.